Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Thursday to Saturday. ^^

Thursday came. And still no classes. My mother came home and said that I would go with her to the hospital (DLS-UMC) for my eye check-up. We went to the doctor and he examined me. He told me that I'm near sighted that's why I'm having difficulty reading signs and people from afar. He recommended that I should have eyeglasses to be comfortable with my surrounding. We went to SM Dasma. There we bought my eyeglasses and we went home.

Friday came. At last, classes came. :). We had our examination in English this morning. After that, we just practiced until classes end at the Computer Lab. for our competition tomorrow in BMA. Well, I couldn't say that we practiced because we just laughed and talked. HAHAHAHA.

Saturday came. The day for the competition has come. :0. We went to BMA, the venue for the event. We proceeded to the assigned rooms of our respective categories. I went to the Newswriting room. It was so quiet and very cold at the same time. -.-. So I slept for, I think, 15 minutes. HAHAHA.
After that, I was just gazing at my surroundings. Fortunately, I saw someone at the door that really made my day. :). She inspires me in a way she'll never know.


A while after that, the competition started. I was feeling nauseous as I went out of the classroom after the event. -.-. Right then, I wasn't expecting that I would be joining the Top 20 of my category for I haven't really studied unlike my seatmates who have their handouts and everything personalized. All of us finished our respective competitions and we just waited for the awarding. My schoolmates presented a dance presentation at the stage. It was fun watching them.

The awarding came. It was already 5:15 p.m. and I have to go home to prepare myself for serving the church. Fortunately, my category was called first. So I waited for a while. Unexpectedly, I was included in the Top 20. Thanks, God! I went home afterwards, changed my clothes, and went to church. I thanked God for everything. I was informed by my colleagues that many Josepheans won in the competition and we were Top 7 in all the participating schools. What an achievement for our school even though we were first timers. We didn't forget to thank the Lord for everything. THANK YOU, LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment