Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week #5

We had a long and tiring week. 
Our teacher in Filipino and Math agreed to give us only one project for their two projects. This project will be done by all the students in our section. It was a stage play. So we practiced all this week. I just hoped they practiced it well.

Beside that stage play that really made us sweat because of organizing everyone in our class, I had things that bothered me all this week.
I joined our city spelling bee competition that was conducted at Dasma. East National High School on August 2, 2013. Before this day, we were trained all day by our mentor, Sir Matt. I learned a lot of words that day. Who would not learn any new words if we were asked to spell 500+ words (I think)? The day came and we came to represent our school at DENHS. There were 1055 competitors including us from all the public and private schools in Dasma. We arrived there at 8 am. That's what I remember. Because of our large number, we were divided into each respective batches. Our batch was finally called. So we proceeded to the testing area. Out of the 1055 competitors, only 317 students will be allowed to join the Semi-Finals. I already knew that I will not be called. HAHAHA. With the grace of God, from our school came the Top 3 and Top 6 out of the 1055 delegates. The Top 6 is Razel Joyce Clarete, a third year student and the Top 3 is my classmate, Vincent Bitanga. It feels great to know them. :). 


We had our general practice for our stage play at our classmates house. We decided to do it on a Saturday. We started an hour or two after our call time because of the heavy traffic. -.-. After the practice, I and my group mates finished our group project. And so I went home and rested but still a thing kept bothering my mind. Sunday came. Today is the day that I will take the UPCAT. I didn't review anything. And I know there's a great possibility that I won't be qualified for my course there. Although UP is not my first choice for a school. I'm planning to take Mechanical Engineering. So I'm planning to go to the best engineering school here that is MAPUA. In addition to this, my brother also studies here. So there's a great possibility that MAPUA will be where I will study Mech. Eng.

No comments:

Post a Comment